Accomplishments / Actions:
- Currently Vice-Chairman of Rural County Representatives of California (RCRC)
- Scheduled to be Chairman in 2019.
- Vice-Chairperson of both Golden State Finance Authority (GSFA) and National Homebuyers Fund (NHF).
- Exposed financial mismanagement at the Central Sierra Planning Council (CSPC) and the Central Sierra Economic Development Development District (CSEDD) in 2011. Provided leadership in the reorganization of the Central Sierra Economic Development District into a successful regional organization.
- Was a leader in County efforts relative to Rim Fire and the recovery from the Rim Fire.
- Recognized as a forestry management advocate throughout the State.
- Invited and accepted to testify at Congressional Hearings (both in Washington and in the field hearings).
- Invited and accepted to testify at various California Senate and Assembly hearings.
- Invited and accepted to testify before the Little Hoover Commission on Tree Mortality.
- Helped institute at Tuolumne County Board of Supervisors:
- Board of Supervisors retreats.
- Vision/Mission/Values and Code of Ethics/Code of Conduct positions for County.
- Long Range Capital and Road project plans.
- Instrumental in securing grant funding:
- Jail SB1022 ($20M) and AB900 ($13M)
- National Disaster Resilience Competition (NDRC) grants (>$70M)
- State Responsibility Area (SRA) funding for Tree Mortality projects ($1.6 for private land holders)
- United States Forest Service (USFS) grants ($2.0M) for tree mortality along roads.
Tuolumne County Supervisor Randy Hanvelt
receives 2017 Conservationist of the Year Award.
Tuolumne County Supervisor Randy Hanvelt and CSAC
examine one of California’s largest fires – The Rim Fire.